I am not a baker. Nor am I a cook.
But when I created this Living Pinterest project, I knew that I would be delving into uncharted territory when it comes to food. And because I have little experience actually following recipes, I decided to start small.
I followed Amy’s recipe and directions. Except for one variation. I used semi-sweet and white chocolate chips because, well, chocolate. Oh yeah, I forgot to put the white chocolate chips in the picture. The package looks exactly like the semisweet one, just white chocolate instead.
Here’s the recipe.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup oats (I used Gluten Free Old Fashioned Rolled Oats)
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips ( I used Whole Foods 365 brand semisweet and white chocolate mini chips)
- Dash of cinnamon (I used Simply Organic Cinnamon)
This was my process.
- I pre-heated the oven to 350 degrees and greased my cookie sheet with butter. (Amy used parchment paper to line hers, but I didn’t have any.)
- I mashed the bananas as instructed and then mixed the dry ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- I mixed the wet and dry ingredients, and then used a spoon to create cookie shapes and put them on the pan.
- I baked them for 17 minutes instead of the recommended 13-15 because I like crispier cookies.
I made a cup of organic chai tea and let the cookies cool for about ten minutes.
I have to say, I was skeptical of this recipe, but the cookies were actually pretty good for not having any egg, flour, or oil ingredients. The bananas made the cookies very sweet, and the banana flavor was also pretty strong. So, if you don’t love bananas, you won’t love these cookies. I would definitely make these again to satisfy a sugar-craving.
I also really liked that this recipe was made with healthier ingredients, except for the chocolate, and I didn’t feel as though I was eating junk food, per se. I also believe my addition of the white chocolate chips was a good call too. They gave the cookies a smoother taste.
The cookies also paired really well with my cup of tea and made me feel pretty cozy on a cold, snowy, winter day.
If you are a cookie-lover, a chocolate-lover, and a banana-lover, these are your cookies.